Friday, February 16, 2007

Yes! Pretty Cure 5 ep. 2











Remember when I said I'd never blog about this series again?
..Yeah, I lied.

Oh, Pretty Cure. Why can't I quit you..?


This particular ep is all about Rin -- her personality, her past, and ultimately her joining the ranks of Pretty Cure. The subs're already out, I think, so a lengthy review is a little unecessary. ...I actually wanted to do this one earlier, but my week was rather busy.. Plus, unlike a lot of other shows, it's so hard to find a quality raw of pretty cure (c'mon, Japan, get your priorites straight ヽ(`Д´)ノ).

Since in every other Pretty Cure, the heroines more or less obtain their powers at the same time, I was interested in seeing how this show would go about recruiting the other girls. ...I have to say, I did not expect Nozomi to start the ep by going right up to Rin and saying "Hay I'm a magical girl wanna be one too lolz?".
That was funny. As was Rin's (after she finally got proof that Nozomi hadn't just gone completely insane) flat refusal of "Nah".

Now I have to say, I think that these reactions were pretty realistic... all things in perspective, of course. Especially when we find out the motives behind them -- most notably Nozomi's reasons. Seeing as Rin has basially been poor, hopeless Nozomi's support since they were kids, it's pretty normal to assume that she'd hope Rin would be there to stand by her side this time.

Rin initially sees things a little differently. And who could blame her? Being a magical girl must really be a pain in the ass. Especially when your plate is as full as her's. But on top of that, we find out that Rin is a bit of a 'fraidy-cat (charm point..! ( ´∀`) ). And when she finds out just how dangerous Nozomi's chosen line of work is, she urges her to get out while she still can. When faced by Nozomi's strong resolve to not give up her new adopted dream, Rin has no choice but to fight alongside her, using the excuse that in this dirty job, someone's going to have to look after her.

This episode was great, and executed in that good ol' entertaining/funny/heartwarming way that Pretty Cure does best.
And speaking of heartwarming...

itai no, itai no
tondekee~~


*rolls around in the cuteness*

Also, I don't watch Naruto, but Junko Takeuchi did a great performance as Rin this ep -- I'm looking forward to hearing her more. I wonder if people who watch both shows will have trouble not thinking of Naruto whener Rin speaks? ...I wonder if those people even exist..?
Anyway, after this episode, I have no doubt that Karen and Komachi's ep is going to win by the buckets. Though I sort of don't think they'll put their background episode so close to these two's. ..So who knows when that'll be...
Meh.

Labels:


....................................