Sunday, January 28, 2007

Makino Yui - Tenkyuu no Ongaku



Featured Song: Kami to Hairpin to Watashi

(Man, I wish I'd never found out about this Touhou thing..)

Anyhow, I've just received my copy of Makino Yui's album Tenkyuu no Ongaku (Music of the Planet) and thought it was about time for an update.

Most people probably know this girl as the voice of Misaki from N.H.K. ni Youkoso (and, subsequently, the singer of the show's second ed theme). Others might know her as the the singer of the OP themes from both seasons of ARIA. Either way, she's an up and coming seiyuu with a wonderfully cute voice (that makes her sound hardly older than 12), and she's come out with her first album.

Seeing how much I loved the singles for both ARIA OP's I knew for at least that part of it, I'd enjoy this album. However, almost every song on the CD turned out to be a treat -- I'm really happy with it. I especially like Shiawase no Tameiki and Omna Magni (from Sousei no Aquarion), both of which I've never heard before. I think that anyone who liked any of her stuff from her previously released singles to check out this album. You might be surprised.

Why Kami to Hairpin to Watashi?
Some people might recognize this title as Aika (cv Chiwa Saito)'s image song, from the ARIA Vocal Album. However, this version features Yui doing her own rendition of it -- which leaves me with a dillemma: which one do I put in my iPod? (;´Д`)
I actually have the same problem with this CD's version of Amefuribana, which features some new string accompaniment that wasn't on the single's version. It sounds lovely, but I've already become so used to my old version of the song.

So there's my own little personal problem (and maybe your's too..??). In the end, I think I'll keep Chiwa Saito's version of this song, since it's more personal to her character, and maybe swap out the old version of Amefuribana for this one eventually... or at least try it out.

(I worry about stupid things..)

COMPLETE TRACK LIST
1. Omna Magni
2. Undine
3. Shiawase no Tameiki
4. Modokashii Sekai no Ue de
5. Symphony
6. Euphoria
7. Jasmine
8. Natsuyasumi no Shukudai
9. Kami to Hairpin to Watashi
10. Yume no Tsubasa
11. Towa no Omoi
12. CESTREE
13. Amefuribana
14. Amurita






Kami to Hairpin to Watashi
(Japanese Version)

いつもどおりの朝 あたりまえの日々
そらは眩しく晴れてても 私は

岸辺を過ぎる風 すこし目を細め
「いつか」じゃなく今日から変わろうと決めた

短く聞いた髪を映して
キラリ 光った涙に手をふるの
さあ 新しい季節が始まるわ

いつもどおりの朝 きらめいて見える
気がついたの いつだってあなたがいたから

短く切った髪に選んだ
キラリ ちいさなお気に入りのピンで
ほら 新しい季節を迎えるの

街中が今 輝き出すわ
フワリ やさしく髪を揺らす風も
さあ 新しい季節が始まるわ
新しく生まれ変わるの


Kami to Hairpin to Watashi
(Romaji Version)

itsumo doori no asa atarimae no hibi
sora wa mabushiku haretete mo watashi wa

kishibe wo sugiru kaze sukoshi me wo hosome
"itsuka" janaku kyou kara kawarou to kimeta no

mijikaku kitta kami wo utsushite
kirari hikatte namida ni te wo furu no
saa atarashii kisetsu ga hajimaru wa

itsumo doori no asa kirameite mieru
ki ga tsuita no itsudatte anata ga ita kara

mijikaku kitta kami ni eranda
kirari chiisana o ki ni iri no pin de
hora atarashii kisetsu wo mukaeru no

machijuu ga ima kagayakidasu wa
fuwari yasashiku kami wo yurasu kaze mo
saa atarashii kisetsu ga hajimaru wa
atarashiku umare kawaru no





Kami to Hairpin to Watashi
(English version)
An ordinary morning, to a typical, uneventful day
The sky was dazzling, it was sunny and I

squinted my eyes from a sudden breeze from the riverbank
I decided "Not 'someday', but today is the day I'll change myself"

Glistening, the tears that fell onto my hand
reflected my shortly cut hair
Now, a new season shall begin

An ordinary morning has become so radiant in my eyes
and I realized, it's because you were always there

I've decided to cut my hair short
And with this glistening hairpin I've come to like,
See, I'm facing a new season

The entire town seems to burst forth with brilliance
Softly, my hair began to sway with a gentle breeze
Now, a new season shall begin
And I feel as if I'm born again

Labels:


....................................