Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saint October ep. 2








Something terrible's happened.

I think somewhere, in waiting for this next episode to air, and a couple more times of watching the OP and ED sequences, I've actually started looking forward to this show.

Granted, my anticipation was mostly for naught this time around, as this episode was more or less filler. Or to be more exact, your standard second episode for most mahou shoujo anime, complete with coping with new found powers and transformation abilities, further establishment of the setting and characters, and yet another stupid threat that arises and is soon vanquished. Jeez, literally everything about this show reminds me of Pretty Cure..

I also noticed for the first time, the school symbol of the school Kotono and Natsuki attend. And it happens to be an upside-down cross. Now, if you've perhaps attended Catholic school for most of your life (like a certain blogger, here..), you might recognize that as a perfectly innocent, albeit not-so-often used symbol in the Catholic Church, which this anime very well could be alluding to. However, what with the gothic theme about the show, it very well could be alluding to a perhaps more commonly known satanic emblem. ^^;
Granted, it's most likely really none of the above in this case, and is actually meant to represent the Hangman Tarot Card, since the cards are pretty much what this show is all about.

Speaking of hangmen, what was up with this episode's creepy new character, Kafka. I mean seriously, what the flying fuck?

And lastly, I'm starting to have my apprehensions about Joshua. Not only does he have a suspiciously shady side where he seems to be overly unfair to poor Koushiro, but he also hits Kotono in this ep! I know he gives his reasons, but MAN! You just don't DO that!
ヽ(`Д´)ノ

And so, as this ep ends, I forget why I was looking forward to this show to begin with. I'm sure I'll start becoming anxious for the next all over again come Wednesday, only to be let down again, in a wretched, wretched spiral.
BUT! That may not actually happen next ep, as we'll finally start paying attention to Natsuki. That means more Fukui Yukari time~♥

Labels:


....................................