Sunday, February 11, 2007

Venus Versus Virus ep. 5









Ya know, I hate to admit it, but I've been wondering whether or not I should keep following this show after all. But I'll get to that later.


This episode formally introduces Pikachu...I mean Ruka, who works under Sonoka (the evil chick with the glasses) and just LOEVS to pester Sumire. Though there are a good amount of discrepancies, the main story behind this ep actually takes place in the last chapter from the 2nd volume, so damn is this show moving fast (I wonder if it'll be 12/13 episodes rather than 26..?). But anyway, in this episode we also get..




And now, back to what I was saying earlier on -- it's not that I don't like the anime.. more like.. I don't like it as much as I do the manga (lol, well that part is at least obvious). Anyway, whenever I personally choose to watch an anime over its manga counterpart, it's mostly just because of the fact that I love my seiyuu and I love my OSTs. ...and right now, it seems that this show doesn't really have either of those two things going for it (well, except for Lucia's voice. Sumire's voice is okay, too, but it kinda irks me sometimes).

But more than anything, I think what will make me want to stop watching the anime is because... (and this might be because I was introduced to the manga first) but.. somehow I think I'd rather be spoiled by the manga and then see it again in the anime, instead of the other way around.
Granted, I've already been spoiled concerning a few things -- the true nature of Lucia's brooch, and then in this episode we get a little more insight on Lola and Lyla's relationship. But what about when we get to the important things? (i.e., the yuri).

Oh well. This might just be how I'm feeling now, fresh off reading the 4th volume. And forcing myself to ignore the anime could be tough, seeing as there's a chance the next vol might not come out until June. D:
Anyhow, where we stand, we're still far from the anime catching up to where the manga is, so at least for the next couple of weeks, I'll still be watching. ..Or at least until Rocket Girls starts. I've been looking forward to that, y'know. Perhaps alone..

Labels:


....................................