Tuesday, June 12, 2007

ARIA Navigation 55





At first I was..
キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!


But then I was like... 
 _,._
(;゚Д゚) ..What the Fuck?!!



...if that made no sense, by all means, read on. But needless to say, there will be spoilers...

Read the rest!



I have to admit, I don't really read the Aria manga too often. ..And I plan to finish watching the second season of the anime.. someday. But I do like to take in small bits of the series in any shape or form whenever I have the free time, and after seeing a thread that contained this chapter on 2chan, I couldn't help but treat myself. ..But I'm boring, let's get to the story.


Dekkai Commencement



So the chapter starts off at Alice Carroll's graduation from middle school. Of course, Akari and Aika come by to congratulate her ....even though they weren't exactly invited (as a graduate of the same school, however, Aika was already privy to the date).

With school behind her, Alice is now able to focus entirely on her training as an Undine. Later that night, she admits to Athena that she in fact feels as if she could do anything right about now, adding that even she finds this new sensation a little strange. Well forget "anything", how about just having a picnic for now, says Athena.
..Well, not really.


To make things a little interesting, however, Athena offers that as the two (well, Maa's there, too) make their way to their destination, Alice play the role as Undine with Athena as her customer. Alice is quite for the plan.
...As she should be -- she does a stellar job at both gondoliering and tour guiding. Along the way, she gets a few cheerful words of encouragement from passing coworkers, all to her befuddlement. By this time, the reader most likely already knows what's coming (except for the fact that you don't know what's coming... ( ´Д`) ).

As the two enter a boat lift, they decide to take a break from the act for a while in order for Athena to give Alice feedback. She naturally has mostly good words for her... though there was the matter of Alice's singing.
Abashed, Alice admits that she's never been very good at singing, what with her small voice and all, and would probably become too concerned in whether or not she sounds all right to be able to pay attention to much else. Athena, however, gives her a few words about first being able to enjoy what is sung before one starts singing, and such a thing wouldn't matter at all. However, before she could say more, the boat is out of the lift, and the two must return to their roles of Undine and tourist.

Finally, they reach their destination. On the knoll in front of the boat, they are greeted by Akari and Aika.. and the lift engineer, and a few high-ups from Orange Planet. Before the two get out of the boat, Athena (still in character) asks if Alice could treat them all to a song.

..And she does.


Congratulations, Shinji!




"..You know, ma'am," Alice begins through the applause of her friends
"Although I know my voice isn't the greatest, ever since I was a child I've always loved to sing. Your words reminded me of that time.
Thank you."

Athena takes Alice's hand as the rises, and removes the glove from her right hand.

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!

Apparently, they were waiting for Alice to graduate before she could take this next step. ..But that's not all.
Just for the hell of it, Athena removes the glove from Alice's left hand as well. ...Wait, what?

"Congratulations, Alice.
...No, Orange Princess. From today forth, you are a Prima Undine."


Took the words out of my mouth...




Haaa.
And there you have it. The first of the three main girls to become Prima shall be the child prodigy Alice. And it all was done so wonderfully, I must say. I might have cried when I first read this, but I'm pretty sure it was just raining.


For those interested in the whole thing, the entire chapter (untranslated..( ´・ω・)) can be found here: Aria Navigation 55
Enjoy.

Labels:


....................................